- Monthly Favorites: January 2017
- Top Beauty Picks of 2016
- MONTHLY FAVORITES: JANUARY 2016
- MONTHLY FAVORITES: FEBRUARY 2016
- MONTHLY FAVORITES: MARCH 2016
- MONTHLY FAVORITES: APRIL 2016
- MONTHLY FAVORITES: MAY 2016
- MONTHLY FAVORITES: JUNE 2016
- MONTHLY FAVORITES: JULY 2016
- MONTHLY FAVORITES: AUGUST 2016
- MONTHLY FAVORITES: SEPTEMBER 2016
- MONTHLY FAVORITES: OCTOBER 2016
- MONTHLY FAVORITES: NOVEMBER 2016
- Top Beauty Picks of 2015
Happy February 1st! We have one whole month of 2017 behind us and we are forging ahead into the year. Time slows down for no (wo)man and this blog post isn’t going to either, so let’s jump right in.
A caveat before we began, I know that I have listed the Simple Micellar Cleansing Water as a favorite last January, and I also listed it as one of my top picks for 2016. However, it is now offered in a much bigger size and I thought it was worthy to be listed again since I can’t stop using it.
Missed out on my top beauty picks of 2016? You can review them, here.
1. Makeup Geek Lip Products ($12-$15) The Makeup Geek Lip Products are currently available in three types: Iconic (shine + matte finishes), Plush Matte, and Plush Crème. The Iconic Lipstick is available in 20 shades that come in a slender metal tube (pictured in the middle of the photo above). It also shows the color of the lipstick on the top so you know what you are putting on your lips. I own the shade Vain. The Plush Matte formula is really a matte cream/mousse like texture that does not dry out the lips, (pictured first above). This formula is available in 18 shades and I own the shade Plain Jane. The last liquid lipstick is called a Plush Crème and this formula is also a cream texture but it does not dry completely down to a matte. The Plush Crème line is currently available in 9 shades, but Marlena (the owner), has said that she plans to extend the line in the future.
In addition to purchasing them individually, you can also purchase the Luscious Lips Variety Bundle where you receive 5 lip products (2 Plush Mattes, 1 Iconic Lipstick, & 2 Plush Cremes) for only $39 which is a great deal. Makeup Geek is only available at their website, makeupgeek.com.
2. BECCA Backlight Priming Filter ($38) This primer is an O.G., a true oldie but goodie. This primer blurs imperfections while giving you a pearlescent like glow. The Backlight Priming Filter includes Vitamin E, and it is great for all skin types, including oily skin. I like this primer because it also gives a boost of hydration, and I quite like the smell. Usually I can’t stand fragrance-y products, but this scent is not overwhelming.
You can find the BECCA Backlight Priming Filter at your local Ulta and Sephora stores.
3. Simple Micellar Cleansing Water ($8.99) Hands down, this is my favorite micellar water by far. By now, you should be familiar with double cleansing. But, if not, you can get familiar by reading all about it, here. As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, I am adding this product again because it now comes in a jumbo size, 13.5 fl oz/400mL. I use this micellar water nearly every day. It’s great for taking off makeup as your first cleanse, and I even use it in the mornings sometimes when I am too lazy to wash my face.
I have only been able to find the jumbo size of the Simple Micellar Water at Target so far. Which is surprising, because I would think that Wal-Mart and Ulta would carry it too, but my local stores do not.
Did you find or fall in love with any new products recently? Have you tried any of the products I mentioned? Let me know in the comments below. I would love to hear from you.